Degrees of Difficulty
In order to provide the modeller with a better understanding of how easy
(or difficult) a model is to construct we have graded our kits.
Next to each kit Reference Number there is a grade (this is a number
from 1 to 5 and is in brackets). The grades are explained below.
(1) Any kit that comprises one piece castings that require no construction. They will still need painting and fixing to the layout.
Many of the models in this category literally come in one piece.
Others comprise a number of individual pieces that can stand alone on your layout but are packaged together in our range, for example, the various packs of figures.
Note that we can provide special packs made up of your own selections of figures etc - see Contracts
(2) Kits where two pieces need joining together. This may mean adding a base to a post for example.
(3) Kits where several pieces require relatively simple assembly.
(4) Kits comprising a number of parts that require careful assembly. Construction may benefit from being undertaken in stages.
(5) Kits comprising a large number of parts that require careful assembly. There may be some shaping of parts to fit. These kits are not recommended for the complete beginner.