E121 (3) Bedford OWB single deck bus (intro. 1942)
Picture includes illustration of model when completed
In order to ease the acute shortage of public service vehicles during WWII the government authorised three chassis manufacturers to recommence production in 1942 to specifications laid down by the Ministry of Supply. The manufacturer chosen for the single deck chassis was Bedford and they introduced the OWB in 1942. It was basically a war time version of the 1939 OB. Fairly austere bodywork to carry 39 passengers was built by a number of manufacturers to an almost identical design. It continued in production until 1945 during which time 3,398 were built. They remained in service for many years and several are now preserved.
Pack contains parts to build one bus and includes a driver, conductor and interior seating. Requires assembly and painting.