Z351d GWR/BR Distant Signal
Prior to 1928 the GWR used square wooden posts to support their semaphore signals. From 1928 they used round metal posts for all new installations and in a phased replacement programme for the rotting wooden ones. They were adopted into BR and some remained in use until modern times. The posts came in various pre-formed lengths to allow each post to best suit its location, ours models one of the mid range 24'10'' posts.
The arm is fixed in place and cannot be made operational. The lenses are pre-coloured and the model includes the ladder and upper platform.
The signal is fully painted and ready for use.